Work for EMF
Have a voice in improving the way people are cared for in a medical emergency
Expressions of interest are now invited from experienced health consumer representatives looking to influence and promote positive patient, family, consumer and community outcomes for emergency medical care.
About the role
This is an opportunity to:
- Partner with a unique non-profit organisation that is funding innovative Australian research to improve patient care in a medical emergency, and is dedicated to translating research outcomes into real and practical benefits.
- Lead and engage with the EMF board and executive.
- Be a guiding voice for an organisation that has limited consumer involvement and take it to a place where the consumer voice is pivotal, underpinning the work we do.
- As the first consumer representative with EMF, this role will shape the future of consumer partnering and EMF’s future. In many ways, the role will be shaped by you, and may include attending meetings, providing advice on documents, strategies and research initiatives, and representing the organisation.
The ideal candidate:
- You don’t need to be research savvy, but you must be an experienced consumer representative.
- You will be confident working and communicating with healthcare professionals, board and executive members.
- You enjoy being part of a small, values driven, dynamic team.
- You will have the ability to think strategically and clearly articulate your feedback in person, by phone or online meetings.
- Strong consumer voice with a flexible approach that will help EMF shape its future.
- Consumers located in rural, regional and remote communities are very welcome and highly encouraged to apply (access to meetings will be supported by online video conferencing).
If this sounds like you, find out more and apply now.